As you know, yesterday at 1:36 PM, we sent out an email in response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) to all of our church members with an update on our plans for Sunday services at Schofield Middle School. However, two hours later, we received an email from the Clark County School District (CCSD), notifying us that all extra-curricular activities have been suspended, including any assemblies or gatherings other than regular classes. This includes any and all church services, which directly impacts us.
In addition, Governor Sisolak declared a State of Emergency in the state of Nevada, and today, President Trump declared a National Emergency. We are certainly living in critical times.
As you can see, this is a quickly evolving situation that we are prayerfully trying to navigate, sometimes by the hour. After examining our options last night and this morning, our pastoral team and stewardship team met together to pray and discuss the best option for us moving forward. We came into agreement, and what follows is the decision we’ve made for our church services this Sunday (3-15-20).
Watch an update video from Pastor Heiden here.
* PLEASE READ THE ENTIRETY OF THIS EMAIL, so you have all of the accurate information.
– FAITH OVER FEAR –
First, in times of trouble and great uncertainty, the best thing that we can do is draw near to God. He promises us in His Word that when we draw near to Him, He will draw near to us (James 4:8). In this time of trouble, we will choose faith over fear and run to our refuge, the Lord! The Apostle Paul also reminds us that “God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.” By His Spirit, we can stand in the face of the challenges ahead of us with faith, bold conviction, and confidence in the fact that God is good and is always in control.
“God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore, we will not fear…” Psalm 46:1
– A NEW WAY TO GATHER –
Second, in order to seek the absolute welfare of our community, our pastoral team has decided that we will be holding church services via LIVESTREAM on Sunday morning at 10:00 AM.
There were several options available to us which would have allowed us to meet together in person as a church body. However, we feel that livestreaming is the most responsible and Christlike way to love our community well at this moment.
This form of gathering will never substitute the physical gathering together of believers in corporate worship. As soon as we can responsibly meet together in person again, we will do it. Having said this, we also want to remind everyone that church is not merely an event we attend, but a family to which we belong. The church is not a building, but a people. We are a body of believers set free to walk in Jesus, regardless of where or how we meet.
“Seek the welfare of the city where I have sent you into exile, and pray to the LORD on its behalf; for in its welfare you will have welfare.’” – Jeremiah 29:7
– HERE’S WHAT YOU CAN DO –
- We invite you to join us for our first-ever virtual worship services as we gather together online. On Sunday morning you can experience our service live by:Going to: www.walkchurch.comOn our website, there will be a banner on the front of our homepage that will take you directly to our live-streamed service when you click it.This is a great opportunity for you to share the love of Jesus Christ with your friends and neighbors who may be in a state of fear and/or thinking about the things of faith. They may never come to church with you, but they may just come to your house and watch the service online with you. You will also be able to share the link on social media so that others may join in with you, as well.
- As always, be sure to follow appropriate hygiene recommendations and preventative measures. The World Health Organization (WHO) recommends hand washing, covering your coughs and sneezes, and avoiding close contact with anyone with flu or cold-like symptoms. The Center for Disease Control has also recommended helpful tips for preventing illness. You can find them by clicking here.
- Finally, one of the most practical and important things you can do is remembering to support WALK Church financially. Our staff is still working, maybe harder than ever as needs increase, and our local and global partners who rely on our support are still serving. One of our God-dependent prayers is that giving does not drop off during this season, as we continue to REACH people for Christ in our city and beyond. You can give in the following ways:
- Through our website: https://tithe.ly/give?c=7336
- Through our WALK Church app. You can download it here:
a. Click this link on your cell phone https://walkchurch.app.link/
- Text to give: Text the word give to 702-830-7208
- You can mail your tithes and offerings to:
8810 S. Maryland Pkwy. Suite 105
Las Vegas, NV 89123